Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Perdomo Lot 23 - Maduro (Smoked)

Size: 5.7" x 54 Belicoso
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Body: Full
Strength: Medium
Humidor Time: 3 Months

This review is of the Perdomo Lot 23 - Maduro that I did not smoke due to having the coloring from the dye on the wrapper end up on my fingers and lips, I set this cigar aside disappointed. Well, after some time of taking up space (and curiosity from others) I decided to light this one up. In the least, I have one extra space open for another cigar.

With the cap cut, I was given a loose draw, something that I have not had a problem with Perdomo cigars is they always seem to draw well, providing a great amount of spicy tobacco flavor. The first half inch provides a lot of spice, it was a bit much, but once past that first half inch the pepper fade a bit and the smoke was a tad sour. I was greeted with a lot of rich, rich cocoa over the sourness and pepper. The flavor was also acrid up to this point.

The ash on this cigar was extremely dark and the burn was quite rocky.
The smoke profile was smooth and creamy. This was pleasant, considering I was not too impressed with a dyed wrapper. Oh, I moistened the wrapper and rubbed the coloring off so it did not end up on my lips.

While moving past the half way point of the cigar, the acridness that
was a bother to me backed off and disappeared during the remainder of the cigar. From this point to the end, this cigar really opened up with a lot of cocoa, a bit of coffee, creamy, and rich in flavor.

So my final verdict, if a dyed cigar does not bother you, this can be
a really good smoke. This cigar only had a couple of months on it, I would suggest about six months of aging at the least to mellow this cigar out. So will I try another? Well that is yet to come, I liked the flavors of the last half of the cigar, knowing it is dyed, I can smoke this one, but not before removing whatever color I can before lighting up.


Appearance 2-I Liked It
Construction 3- Good
Burn 0- Rocky and uneven
Ash 1- Dark but held strong
Flavor 2.5 - Good smoke, needs time in the humidor
Smoke Profile 2- Perfect, no harsh spots at all, smooth and nice
Aroma 2 - Nice and not overpowering, Aromatic, enjoyable fragrance


=12.5 Points

No comments:


page counter