Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Perdomo Lot 23 - Maduro

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro



Size: 5.7" x 54 Belicoso
Wrapper:
Nicaragua
Binder:
Nicaragua
Filler:
Nicaragua
Body: N/A
Strength: N/A



When I found this cigar I was quickly taken away by the dark oily wrapper to a field of tobacco in a little corner of Nicaragua. This is a gorgeous stick, take a close look at it and you too will be transported to another world. The cigar is solid and firm, I was impressed at how solid this stick was, I am used to most cigars having a bit of spring when the cigar is pinched, but not this one. It refused to budge. This cigar smells strongly of anise, I was surprised because though I have been told of this smell I have not experienced it myself, the next thing I knew I had an urge to drink a root beer with this cigar as I smoked it. Have you ever seen a maduro cigar this good looking?

As I approached the time to cut and light this beauty, that is when I was graced with a new cigar experience. I touched the cigar to my lips and tongue to moisten the wrapper cap before cutting, the wrapper flavors were mild and a bit sticky. Sticky? Yep, I looked at the cap and touched it with my left index finger and to my surprise, this premium quality smoke enjoyed by so many left two nice brown spots. I did not have my digital camera available so I used my phone's camera.


Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro

I did not expect to see the color on the wrapper transfered onto my finger, what is up with that!?! I was so upset to see this that I returned the cigar to its cellophane and put it back in my humidor. This cigar seems to have a
"Madu-O-Matic" wrapper, I cannot comment if all these Lot 23 maduros use fake maduro wrappers, I only purchased one cigar, I guess I need to order more to find out. Well, I may order more. What a shame...

No comments:


page counter