Friday, January 18, 2008

Te-Amo - Anniversary Vintage '99

Te-Amo Anniversary Vintage '99


Size: 6x50 Toro
Wrapper: Mexico
Binder: Mexico
Filler: Dominican Republic, Mexico, Nicaragua
Body: Medium
Strength: Mild


These are good looking cigars, the wrapper is dark and even. The Vintage '99 is different then standard Te-Amo cigars, they are not a Mexican puro that Te-Amo normally produce. I have not had a regular Te-Amo, I guess that would be good to compare this Vintage '99 to the regular Mexican puro, either way I smoked this one anyway. I had this in my humidor for 3 weeks, just enough time to adjust to the surrounding climate before being put to the test.



The cigar was not all that firm, it was soft, when I gave the cigar a squeeze, it lacked some life. The wrapper had some spice to it's tobacco flavor and the draw was extremely loose. Lighting was easy, the soft tobacco did not argue and performed quickly.



This cigar did not impress me one bit. The flavors were basic tobacco. The smoke was a bit harsh, it got in the way of enjoying the smoke. When I would try to run through flavor to pick up the nuttiness and coffee that most cigars taste of, I would be bothered by the roughness in the smoke's texture.



The ash was gray and held to the cigar, the burn though was uneven through the whole smoke. One side would burn a little faster then the other, not wanting to cooperate. The flavors would vanish quickly and I would be left with a cotton-mouth flavor and texture. I was disappointed in the cigar. There is no need for me to recommend this cigar, there are far better cigars with vintage tobacco in them that taste and perform far better then these. The price was average, so one could easily get a better cigar for the same price.



Appearance 2- I Liked It
Construction 1- Could be Better
Burn 0- Is It Burning? With friends I laugh, in public I am embarrassed
Ash 1- Holds okay but falls easily
Flavor 1- The perfect "yard gar"
Smoke Profile 1- Smokeable, maybe a harsh spot or two, chalky
Aroma 2- Nice and not overpowering, Aromatic, enjoyable fragrance
=8 Points

No comments:


page counter