Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Perdomo Habano Maduro

Perdomo Habano Maduro


Size: 6.5 x 54 Torpedo
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Body: Full
Strength: Full
Humidor time: 1 month

By request I bring you the this beautiful torpedo from Perdomo. This cigar holds a very dark maduro and spicy wrapper with an interesting waxy menthol smell that reminds me of Carmex lip balm. Odd I know. The cigar is firm with a perfect draw. The flavors before lighting was a very dark and heavy cocoa. Once lit this cigar bellowed with smoke tasting of pepper and cocoa.

The ash was gray and held well, it would fall loose when I wanted it too and the burn was wavy throughout the whole smoke. With the loose draw and wavy burn, I needed to touch up this cigar constantly and it would go out easily. the aroma was floral and dark, complementing each other nicely.

The smoke was creamy thick, very thick, and smooth from the start. Once into the body of the smoke the flavors continued to strengthen and the pepper faded away not to return. I was impressed with deep rich cocoa flavor. It was like a truffle, starts off bitter but sweet and enticing in the middle. It seemed to only get stronger. I do want to note that this is a full body cigar, the nicotine level is high. With the smooth creamy smoke, one may end up getting lost and knocked back towards then end of the smoke from the strength it hides so well.

This is really good cigar that is really flavorful. I would recommend this as an after dinner smoke. Yet I would not recommend this to those who are not patient, this was not fun to smoke as I was constantly having to touch up the burn and re-light it to keep it going.

Appearance 2-I Liked It
Construction 2-Looks great and firm, but does not stay lit and burns uneven
Burn 0- Is It Burning? How many lights does it take...
Ash 1- Holds okay but falls easily
Flavor 3.5- Great smoke, lots of flavor, a staple in the humidor, just under perfect
Smoke Profile 2- Perfect, no harsh spots at all, smooth and nice
Aroma 2- Nice and not overpowering, Aromatic, enjoyable fragrance

=12.5 Points

No comments:


page counter