Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oliva Master Blends 1

Oliva Master Blends



Size: 7 x 50 Churchill
Wrapper: Nicaragua

Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Body: Medium-Full

Strength: Medium

Humidor Time: 5 Months


I was walking around a B&M and saw this gem, not knowing much about the cigars except that these are highly rated and on my list to buy. After I had this in my humidor for the last 5 months, I decided to do some research on this, little did I know I had grabbed a Master Blends 1, these are no longer produced and the current market is now selling the third blend. I put this in my travel box and as I contemplated smoking it, knowing these are not made and this is truly a rare cigar, I told myself that there is no point in waiting or else I will not be lighting it up.

First impression, this stands out, the band is colorful and the tattoo is awesome, check this out:


Oliva Master Blends

From what I gathered, this is laser etched on the wrapper. Would this not be cool to see as a band, nothing to remove, just smoke right through it?


The wrapper is a very nice brown colored leaf, smooth to the touch with smooth veins, only one or two small ones stand out, which happened to come from probably the binder instead of the wrapper. The cigar is firm, giving a firm draw with a pre-light flavor of cocoa and coffee.


Starting off, this cigar lit nicely giving of pepper and coffee flavors first. The smoke was thick, with a good solid texture that allows the smoker to fully enjoy the flavors emitting from the quality tobacco within. The coffee flavor increased with a woodiness making its way into the forefront of flavors. and cocoa on the finish.


As I made my way into the body of the cigar, the flavors are really strong, they are not over bearing. The ash was white, the burn was a tad rocky, with some rotating I was able to keep it from getting out of hand. Through the body of the cigar, the woody coffee flavor was rather consistent, the pepper flavors from the start quickly faded into the background. The aroma was awesome, it was like incense and filled to area with a wonderful scent.


As I was making my was through into the final half and reaching the last third of the cigar, I was given a new flavor to enjoy, licorice. The smoke became really creamy and the body picked up into the full range. This cigar was not going out without a bang, the flavors became much more pronounced, cocoa was hidden behind coffee and wood with a touch of that licorice. This cigar was just getting better as I kept smoking.


So here I was, I just finished an amazing cigar, knowing I will probably not get the chance to smoke another, but pleased to have been able to enjoy this now. I am relaxed, happy as I smoked this with friends at our local herf. It was a perfect time to light this beauty.


Recommended?
Oh Yeah!!!

No comments:


page counter