Saturday, February 9, 2008

Punch Gran Puro - Sierra

Punch Gran Puro

Size: 6.5 x 48 Sierra (Toro)
Wrapper: Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras
Body: Medium- Full
Strength: Medium-Full
Humidor time: 3 Months

This firm cigar is covered with a veiny wrapper and has a good draw. From what I have had with Punch cigars, quality seems to be good every time. I noticed from the start that this cigar was made of quality. This cigar started off with a lot of pepper encompassing the coffee and almond flavors. These flavors were enjoyable.

The gray ash was solid dropping when I wanted it to. The burn was even and stayed so burning the duration of the smoke. Once into the body of the cigar the coffee and almonds were abundant when I picked up a bitter flavor with a sweetness in it like truffles. I think I am tasting truffles recently because we have been getting a lot of them at work from our clients. There was a lot of smoke that was chewy and smooth. The aroma was of a floral fragrant that was pleasing to those around me.

I have been told that these are powerful cigars in both strength and body. I was told that it carries an abundance of spice and pepper. I am am thinking that the reason others find these strong is due to being smoked fresh from the box. I did not rest this one for very long, three months is not a lot but if I were to have waited, I am sure these would smooth out even more. The price is right on these too, on sale one could pick these up for just under $3 a stick, otherwise they are under $5 a piece.

I can recommend these cigars to about anyone, but there is something about this cigar which keeps me from returning to them. The smell left on the skin, it is quite putrid, it smells like something the ashtray threw up. You have been warned.

Appearance 2-I Liked It
Construction 2- Good
Burn 2- Perfect
Ash 2- Wow
Flavor 3- Great smoke, lots of flavor
Smoke Profile 2- Perfect, no harsh spots at all, smooth and nice
Aroma 1.5- Enjoyable fragrance, but stinks up the skin

=14.5 Points

No comments:


page counter