Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tatuaje Havana VI - Verocu Exclusivo Lado Occidental

(Exclusive to the Western Side)

Tatuaje Havana VI - Cigar Reviews

Size: 6 ¼ x 52 No. 1
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Body: Full
Strength: Full
Humidor Time: 3 months


I have had Tatuaje cigars in the past, all of them have been an experience on a good level. When the Havana VI came landed in my local B&M, they did not last long, within one month they were gone. I was fortunate enough to snag one for myself and after three months of rest I was ready to light it up.

This is a big stick, the wrapper was spicy and the draw was tighter then I prefer, it did not get in the way. The first flavors to emerge from the start was cocoa, coffee and almonds. I need to point out how smooth the smoke texture was. Tatuaje cigars, I have notice, produce very smooth smoke. Pete Johnson really did a great job with Don Pepin Garcia blending these smoke.

As the cigar burned, the white ash grew longer, the hold was strong, never needing to worry about it falling before expected, burning a straight line the whole way. The smoke volume continued to be light, that was until I was half way into the cigar. This is when it opened up for me. I was greeted with lots of smooth creamy smoke.

The flavors intensified, the coffee became more sumatra like and the cocoa became darker. This cigar performed well, in fact it was almost as expected. The only problem that occurred was the tight draw through the first half of the cigar.

I am not a huge Tatuaje fan, I do not get excited when I see them nor do I anticipate the moment fire touches the foot of my Tatuaje cigars. The flavors were prominent and one must not like strong cigars or have bad taste buds to not like any blend that comes from Tatuaje. These are quality smokes, but to me they are overpriced. The marketing seems opposite of CAO. Tatuaje has great cigars all around, but do not put the time and money into the displays and bands that CAO does. The one thing the two companies do have in common is the hefty change needed to purchase one of their products.

This is a recommended cigar.

Appearance 2-I Liked It
Construction 2.5- Good, but tight draw through first half
Burn 2- Perfect
Ash 2- Wow
Flavor 3- Great smoke, lots of flavor
Smoke Profile 2- Perfect, no harsh spots at all, smooth and nice
Aroma 2- Enjoyable fragrance, but stinks up the skin

=15.5 Points

No comments:


page counter